Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Ross Vandegrift

Default Establishing plants with voracious herbivores

In article , kush wrote:
More tanks; you need more tanks. That's what happened to me. Mmm hmm.

This is always the Right Solution. Unfortunately, I think I'd have to
steal my next tank. Or perhaps not get books/clothes/food next
semester.

::-)

(Seriously though [like I wasn't], do you have any snails you haven't told
us about?

Indeed I do - I have a bunch of P. Bridgesi in this tank from Eileen.
And one tiny snail that must've bummed in on a plant at some point.
He's very small and has a conical shell. I saw him burrowing in the
substrate this afternoon.

I've got some Bridgesi in another planted tank though that's doing
beautifully. In my experience these guys wouldn't hard a leaf that
wasn't already dead and decaying on the bottom of the tank.

Tetras are nibblers and shouldn't be able to actually *devastate*
a tank, although the pl*co may account for it's share.

Yes, I've always suspected it was the pleco going for the amazon swords.
But the finer plants seem unlikely...

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.