Old 14-08-2010, 06:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] is offline

Default I want to grow cucumbers and pumpkins

"John McGaw" wrote in message
On 8/13/2010 6:11 PM, Nelly wrote:
wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:37:36 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Aug 13, 12:07 pm, John wrote:
On 8/13/2010 4:58 AM, donhkcs wrote: For several years I have tried
plant a garden of different vegetables
in my backyard and have had no success. I do not know what I am doing
wrong. The place where I have decided to plant the garden gets a lot
of

snip...

Or straw bales..?

If there were something wrong with his soil, that might at least
hopefully
let him produce something until he finds out. (I tried it this year and
I'm
worried what I'll do with so many cukes from just one plant.)

BTW, I also thought that by the OP's wording he might be in the southern
hemisphere.

Well, if he is just getting around to planting now I hope he is in the
southern hemisphere or is at least equatorial. The X-Originating-IP shown
suggests Bangalore but the timezone suggests UK but I don't place much
confidence in either of these.

Based on two recent examples, it seems gardenbanter.co.uk attracts people
who will NEVER find their way back to the discussions they initiate. Sort of
like some google groups users. Best to ask these types a simple question,
like "Where do you live?", or "What's your favorite color?", to be sure
they're actually going to pay attention to their own discussions.