Old 15-08-2010, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Overwinter an allotment - green manure?

On 15 Aug, 14:34, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 12:35:42 +0100, "David WE Roberts"

wrote:
In a couple of months we are off on a 'world tour' until next spring so we
won't be able to do anything to the allotment over autumn/winter/spring.

It would be nice to find a strategy which made the best of this fallow
period.
I presume the alternative is to spray with a weed killer after we have
lifted everything then hope that the plot doesn't get too rampant over
winter.

Covering it with black plastic works.
--

Martin

Just as long as the black plastic is left where you lay it, for the
time you are away.
David