Old 15-08-2010, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Is it a mouse or a vole?

"Judith in France" wrote ...
I had some Brussel sprout plants left over after the main planting. 3
weeks ago I planted what was left rather than throw them away, I
planted them in a new small bed in the back garden adjoining fields.
Yesterday, 2 of the little plants had been severed at ground level and
the top of the plant was just left on the ground uneaten. What could
have caused this, mice, vole or could it be the rabbits they have been
burrowing under the fences but surely the rabbit would have eaten the
plant and not left it???

Sounds more like slugs to me.

--
Regards