Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
B.

Default Is lack of CO2 cause for algae?

I am currently in the 4 month of having my planted tank. During the time it
has gone through many changes. In the last month I have stopped supplying
my tank with CO2 via DIY yeast bottles. During the time that i was
injecting the growth of the plants were tremendous and the algae was few.
Now that i have stopped co2 dosing (ran out of sugar and ordered a
pressurised system) my tank seems to have grown a fair amount of algae. No
matter how much i scrape or how much my algae crew eats it still returns. I
was wondering does the amount of co2 in the water have something to do with
algae control. My setup currently is a 55 gallon acrylic tank with 4 - 45w
flouresenct strips as light. Is this to much light or will it be fine?
When i start boosting co2 again will the algae problem resolve itsself or
will it increase? Should i continue to fertilize (currently use plant zone
liquid fertilizer). Any help I can get would be deeply appreciated. Thank
You.