Old 16-08-2010, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Noob watering question

Here where I live- Rockaway, NY- I have all sand laying on top of
construction rubble from the new home construction and the demolition
of Rockaways' Playland. (I'd have a MUCH bigger garden if I didn't
have to dig out all the damned concrete!) Drainage is awesome but
organic matter (except what I add- I put down peat moss and I compost
EVERYTHING) pretty much sucks. What's better for watering for a lawn-
a soaking thunderstorm that lasts an hour at most, or a slow drizzle
that lasts overnight? I have my suspicions but I would like input, and
most of all I would like to know WHY one is better than the other.
Thanks

Chris