Old 16-08-2010, 05:43 AM posted to sci.bio.misc,sci.bio.botany
Archimedes Plutonium[_2_] Archimedes Plutonium[_2_] is offline

Default box elder bug link?? Dutch Elm Disease Hypothesis-- maples arehosts of the vectors

Now I wonder if there is a link between boisea trivittata, box elder
bug, and ascomycete
microfungi the fungus that causes Dutch Elm Disease, DED. I looked at
the elm bark
beetle and it is about 5 mm long whereas the box elder bug is 12mm
long. So is there some
link and is there a greater frequency of DED where maples are present?

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/