Old 16-08-2010, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Dry stone walling

On 2010-08-16 12:17:39 +0100, (Nick
Maclaren) said:
In article ,
Ian B wrote:
®óñ© © ²°¹° wrote:

Don't talk to me about loony Prince Charlie.

Why would anyone bother to talk to you about him?

Apparently he is on a nationwide *green* tour this week.

Teletext reports that today he is making speeches encouraging the
Welsh to help conserve rain forests. As a resident, I wasn't
aware that we had any left.

You know nothing about the effect of forests on climate, then?

Well, you've got some forests, and you get rain, don't you?

And I believe that there ARE some temperate rain forests in the UK,
and which are in Wales. Despite the claims of his many opponents,
Prince Charles is not a loon and almost all of his remarks are
justifiable (if debatable) WHEN NOT MISREPRESENTED.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

So do I. But...

The left wing elements in the press
- and there appear to be many who can barely stand upright so strong
is their inclination - always represent him as a 'loon' when in fact,
he talks good sense and is far more in touch with most of
middle-England's thinking than any recent politician or leftie meeja
luvvie. A couple of weeks ago the Daily Mail showed a photo of him
apparently grimacing at being caught in the rain while being
photographed with soldiers returned from Afghanistan. It drew
unpleasant comparisons with their
bravery and his apparent whinge. In fact, the bloke next to him was
laughing and clearly, they were having a joke. But on exactly the
same day, our local paper, owned by the same group as the DM and
knowing the Prince is popular in the west country and with farming
communities, published another photo of him in country clothes,
praising him because he has recently launched a new initiative to help
country communities.
The hypocrisy is shocking but there's no doubt in my mind that the aim
is to rid us of the monarchy by deriding and poking fun at its next
incumbent and the lazy and easily-led fall for it.

The Daily Mail is left wing? Blimey! Their beloved Mussolini would be
spinning in his grave if he were still alive.

--
Mike.