Old 17-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Aled Owen Aled Owen is offline
Registered User

Default Converting an Electric Mower to Petrol

I have a lawn which is simply too big for an electric mower to cope with, also I hate having to mess around with the cable all the time. Rather than buying a new mower I've looked at Briggs and Stratton engines as well as Honda engines and it seems it would be cheaper to buy an engine and adapt it to fit the mower.

Has anybody done this before, is it actually possible? It's got a steel chassis not some cheap plastic rubbish (ironic considering it was pretty cheap mower).

The only problem I can see so far is having to replace the sproket (and perhaps blade) because the Honda engines seem to have a bigger output shaft diameter than on the current electric engine (I've not measured it yet I can't find my depth gauge D:, all in good time though)

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Aled