Old 18-08-2010, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Ten mistakes concerning tomatoes

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"The Cook" wrote in message

I can plain tomatoes, various pasta sauces, salsa, relishes. If it
was listed in a canning book I probably tried it. Also gave away a
lot.

Have you ever made tomato jam?

Tomato jam is the best use for all the green ones left on the plant at the
end of season when you pull them out. Yum.

David

I remember my grandmother making a green tomato pie that was quite like
apple. It's been many years but I think I'm remembering correctly.
Steve