Old 18-08-2010, 01:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default bushes that bloom often

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:57:34 -0400, Jeff Thies
wrote:

I'm in need of some landscaping and would like to add color and size.
I'm in Atlanta, 7b, piedmont.

Mostly that seems to come down to crape myrtle, but I was in Lowes and
saw an azalea blooming. Unknown to me they have varieties that bloom
spring through fall.

Any recommendations?

I'm doing some real estate investing and am buying a couple of
starter houses (as rentals) on some very hilly terrain. These two have
never been landscaped (built in the 60's) so it's an open slate. I think
I may have some spots for hydrangeas and swamp hibiscus, mostly though,
lots of sun. Should be fun... It's a buyers market, sellers are getting
killed.

You don't want to do landscaping for tenants... maybe one low
maintenence shade tree, and strong fencing to keep vehicles on the
paved area.