Old 18-08-2010, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Aminopyralid in manure

In message , Martin
writes
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 00:03:34 +0100, Gopher wrote:

In message ,
Janet writes
In article , uriel13.6dcfae6
says...
I would not attempt to eat any crop that was infected by this product,
it is I believe toxic and detrimental to all life forms.

You're misinformed. Clearly, aminopyralid was not deadly to the farmed
livestock who ate the sprayed pasture, or the hay made from it.
Aminopyralid also reached vegetable gardens via straw used in mulches;
IOW, it was used as a selective weedkiller in straw-producing cereal
crops (without killing the lifeforms which ate the cereals).

Janet

There seems to be a lot of misinformation on this subject, as you are
aware! One wonders why you mount such a spirited defence of this
product.

Seen on Dutch TV yesterday. How to make your own compost accelerator and how
much a man can make at a time. He did turn his back to camera.

.... with typical Dutch modesty :-))
--
Gopher .... I know my place!