Old 18-08-2010, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Big cat on news tonight

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:21:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote
"Bill Grey" wrote in message
"Pam Moore" wrote
Sightings of a big cat reported on local ITV news tonight: Bristol
area;
http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/...ightings51259/

I wish I could see this in South Wales - the programme that is!

I was able to view this from Pam's link even though my ITV channel is
Central. It did take a while to load though, and there were 4 or more
adverts to sit through first. It was a nearly 5 minute long news
interview, interesting.

What I find interesting is they are just beginning to take these
sightings
slightly seriously. Always before there has been another agenda in the
background, to make the person seeing the cat(?) look silly and have a
laugh at their expense. I wonder how many sightings there actually have
been that have gone unreported for that reason.

I cannot see any reason why big cats that were probably released when it
became illegal to keep them without a license cannot survive in the depths
of the countryside, where they can get food and water and hardly ever be
seen.

I take these sightings seriously.
My friend saw a huge black cat run across the road in front of her car
once.
She is sensible, does not drink at all and I do not doubt her. She
described it as "as big as a leopard"
Never seen since.

The huge black cat of Whitby turned out to be a Labrador.

This does not mean that sightings of big cats are not true.
My friend has judged at Crufts - she'd know if it was a dog of any sort.