Old 18-08-2010, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Big cat on news tonight

On 18 Aug, 19:43, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:29:55 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:21:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" *wrote
"Bill Grey" wrote in message
"Pam Moore" *wrote
Sightings of a big cat reported on local ITV news tonight: *Bristol
area;
http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/...ightings51259/

I wish I could see this in South Wales - the programme that is!

I was able to view this from Pam's link even though my ITV channel is
Central. *It did take a while to load though, and there were 4 or
more
adverts to sit through first. *It was a nearly 5 minute *long news
interview, interesting.

What I find interesting is they are just beginning to take these
sightings
slightly seriously. Always before there has been another agenda *in
the
background, to make the person seeing the cat(?) look silly and have a
laugh at their expense. I wonder how many sightings there actually
have
been that have gone unreported for that reason.

I cannot see any reason why big cats that were probably released when it
became illegal to keep them without a license cannot survive in the
depths
of the countryside, where they can get food and water and hardly ever be
seen.

I take these sightings seriously.
My friend saw a huge black cat run across the road in front of her car
once.
She is sensible, does not drink at all and I do not doubt her. *She
described it as "as big as a leopard"
Never seen since.

The huge black cat of Whitby turned out to be a Labrador.

This does not mean that sightings of big cats are not true.
My friend has judged at Crufts - she'd know if it was a dog of any sort..

True, but it was the culmination of at least two years of sightings
reported in
the local press.

So, do you believe it or not?
I do. *I know that if my friend saw a huge black cat the size of a leopard
running in front of her car she would not make that up and phone me about
it.
There is no way she would mistake it for a dog.
To judge at Crufts is a lifetime thing, she knows all dogs, how they move,
what they look like. *She said it was a big cat.

--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

So if a giant Black Cat crosses your path does that mean more luck
than with a normal black cat crossing your path?