Old 18-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Sambo Sambo is offline
Registered User

Its all true. I had a panther follow me whilst cycling home from a nightshift at the photolab at 4am one winter morning when I was a teen.

Also, I almost got eaten by a Komodo Dragon which must have been living wild on the banks of the Ord river in Kunurrura - was with a mate going swimming past the reeds at the end of a mile long track hidden by longrass. Shat myself as my brain told me it must be a salt water crocodile or a monitor but my eyes new it was neither...really didn't know what to do and froze...I still remember seeing its tongue tasting my fear....I think that is what confused me so much, that and the fact its forearms were as thick as my legs....true horror film stuff..lol! Turned out I researched that a wildlife place went bankrupt in the late 70's further down the Ord river in Wyndham. Very dodgy! Bloody things originated in Australia anyway!

Same thing here I reckon...still a legacy from the 70's when people had lions and tigers for domestic pets. Either that or zoo escapes.

Wallabies in the peak district...Boa constrictors in the Florida everglades..animals are a lot more resilient and a lot more secretive, especially if they are afraid of humans, than we give them credit for.

Haven't seen a Yeti yet though! Look forward to that one.