Old 19-08-2010, 05:26 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Good trellis plants - snapdragons?

On 8/18/10 8:17 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
I'm liking the idea of creepers and snapdragons. Literature says they don't
require especially great soil. They sound perfect to me.

Grapes take some work. If you want fruit, they take severe pruning in
the winter. During the growing season, they might have to be tied to
the trellis. Errant shoots will have to be pinched to promote more
bushy growth.

I'm not saying that grapes are bad. I have three vines of my own. I
just know how much work is involved to get ripe grapes for eating.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean