Old 19-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Sambo Sambo is offline
Registered User

Just looked at the property...what a ********! lol! Only joking! lol!

I'd love a small property like that, doing up the Chevelle SS or '66 Mustang on the Sunday...drive a dually F350 to work...living the American dream baby!

....Unfortunately in the UK all you can buy for £150,000 is a small cow turd in a field which you are unable to touch or live in because its on agricultural land or perhaps a square metre of concrete in an semi-derelict ex council flat.

My sister lives near Norfolk, Virginia, surely that is a similar climate, although a little more moderated perhaps. I saw here and her yankee husband last winter, hired a mini excavator and brought in a load of compost as she is on solid glazed grey clay with no soil. I planted a few crepe Myrtles, Pitto. tobira nanum, Lagerstromias and Mondo grass (Ophiopogon japonicus). At planting time it was -14 Celcius and the Pittosporums were frozen..lol...I tryed to thaw the rootballs with lukewarm water....lol....not good but I left it till the last minute. Was even colder this year. All the plants are doing fine though. I think Indian Hawthorns and Trachycarpus or perhaps Washingtonias? will be OK maybe the Pittosporum would get burned if it regularly stays below -16C day and night for days on end.