Old 19-08-2010, 05:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default bushes that bloom often

On 8/19/2010 8:34 AM, Una wrote:
$21/sqft and the rent is $700/mo? Wow! Great investment opportunity.

Since you've seen the pic, the thinking at the moment is to cut a couple
terraces (the upper not so wide) in front of the house and stretching to
the right front corner.
Then cover the slope with landscape fabric (over the grass) and plant
Juniper.

What possible use is the lawn as it is now?

Going with whatever shrubbery is common in the neighborhood is a safe
bet. Crape myrtle is very easy to maintain too. Hydrangea should be
good too.

I'm down with that too. The back has a level spot for a patio and then
a 5' embankment. Should be much wetter and shadier and good for
hydrangeas. If I can find a wet spot I'll put in horsetails. I've got a
monster oak leaf hydrangea in my front yard and huge azaleas. My
neighborhood is dogwoods, azaleas and daffodils. There are no dogwoods
at the rental and it's impossible to see the others now. The season for
dogwoods, azaleas and daffodils is certainly short, but it is a delight
after winter.

Jeff

Una