Old 19-08-2010, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Big cat on news tonight

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:23:11 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..

Is it a ratzilla?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...odents-UK.html
--

IME people who are not used to seeing rats around always over-estimate
their

The one in the photo looks big )

It is not a photo of the rat that they saw.
This photo is from another country, where there are indeed very big rats.
Here, in the UK, we have rats that can seem huge, if you are not used to
them (as I said) but realistically they are not.
I've learned a lot about rats since I had poultry.
If one lives for some time it will get up to and slightly above 1lb in
weight, they are the males.
I have a cat. He is fine with dispatching the young ones, but the moment he
sees one of these 1lb+ ones with their big brown chisel teeth, he needs to
pretend he hasn't seen it by washing himself as it walks past.
i don't blame him. Those big ones give the terriers a run for their money.