Old 20-08-2010, 03:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default bushes that bloom often

On Aug 19, 9:46*am, Jeff Thies wrote:
snip

* I'm down with that too. The back has a level spot for a patio and then
a 5' embankment. Should be much wetter and shadier and good for
hydrangeas. If I can find a wet spot I'll put in horsetails. I've got a
monster oak leaf hydrangea in my front yard and huge azaleas. My
neighborhood is dogwoods, azaleas and daffodils. There are no dogwoods
at the rental and it's impossible to see the others now. The season for
dogwoods, azaleas and daffodils is certainly short, but it is a delight
after winter.

Yes Camellia and Rose of Sharon would be good, also Nandina.
There is a beautiful shrub: Razzleberry / Chinese Fringe Flower.
Am Hort Soc. Ency gives zone as 8, however the temps for their zone 8
are 10-20 F. (zones were recently revised, and some books have the
Old
temps.) So it might work, it is a great plant.

"Horsetails" !!??*** You'll be Sor-ry. They will go everywhere!

Emilie
NorCal