Old 20-08-2010, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Bay leaf & Yew

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
We have a Bay tree that has grown in a bit of a tangle with a Yew
tree. We often use bay leaf for flavouring. There is no possibility of
us confusing the leaves but today we were told that the Bay could be
poisonous because it is so close to the Yew.

I don't think that is likely but I must ask the experts in this group.
Could a Bay pick up poison from a Yew?

I don't see how it could, but don't rely on my opinion. I would not want to
be responsible if you used a bay leaf and it killed you;_)
Tina