Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Richard Krush

Default Good choice of lighting?

Hi,

Today I bought a shop-light fluorescent fixture from Home Depot and am
planning to suspend it from the ceiling above the aquarium. It's four feet
long (even though my aquarium is two feet long) and has a ballast that takes
two 40W T8 tubes. For some reason I thought that all the major aquatic plant
lights (like Hagen's Aqua-Glo or Power-Glo or Sylvania's Gro-Lux) ar in fact
T8, but after I brought the lamp home and checked, it seems that the *-Glo
series at the right length are all T10 and Gro-Lux are T12. Another reason
why I bought a fixture with a T8 ballast was that the store did not have any
electric T12's.

In any case, I would like to know if I made a mistake in buying this lamp.
Should I perhaps return it before it's assembled and find something else?

Thanks in advance!

--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein