Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Cesium

Default temperature as a cause

If it's green, it's algae. It's pretty hard to keep algae from growing on
exposed driftwood. Personally, I kind of like it. Adds to the natural

beauty
of the tank -- especially the moss-like algae, and the kind that forms

short
carpets.

I hate string algae and beard algae and the algae that grows on the sides of
the tank, but in my opinion the moss-like carpet algae that you describe is
a good algae. I like the color it adds to the tank, and I would think that
it's filtration and bacteria surface area would be beneficial, especially if
moved from an established tank to a filtering tank. The biggest problem
with keeping this algae is that my oto cats love it, and they can clean an
item in a few days.
-Cesium

---