Old 21-08-2010, 02:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Good trellis plants

On Aug 18, 2:31*pm, wrote:
"Paul M. Cook" writes:

I am installing a 8 foot by 6 foot iron trellis for privacy. *What is a good
plant that would cover the trellis relatively quickly and not require a lot
of attention other than watering and some occasional trimming?

Where are you?

Do you need privacy in the winter too?

Lots of vines will cover the trellis.

Many vines will then attempt to
crush the trellis and then take over your house.

Notable among these is Wisteria. Innocent me had no idea, when I
planted a couple of vines on each side of back porch.
Six years after removing, they are STILL coming up within 3-4 ft.
radius of original plants.