Old 20-08-2010, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default Big cat on news tonight

In message , Christina Websell
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message

From my experience having judged at Crufts

Wow! You did? Fantastic! What breeds did you judge? It is really a
lifetime achievement to do that.

If you see commas where there aren't any then it's not surprising you
can't tell a cat from a dog.

is not necessarily any endorsement for being able to recognise a dog.

I can assure you that anyone who is invited to judge at Crufts knows the
difference between the gait of a cat and a dog that runs across the road in
front of their car.
I don't understand your hostility, is it a perceived class thing?

Eh?

Having been involved in show dogs for over 22 years I have met all
levels of people from all sorts of backgrounds who have judged at
Crufts. "Class" doesn't come into it except perhaps in your mind- it's a
competence thing and many who have judged at crufts have never had the
privilege of going over my dogs because I had no interest in their
opinion.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha