Old 21-08-2010, 04:14 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Red[_2_] Red[_2_] is offline

Default Converting an Electric Mower to Petrol

On Aug 19, 10:03*am, wrote:
On Aug 18, 5:45*am, Aled Owen aled29 AT gmail DOT com wrote:

You might find that it is cheaper to buy a gas mower than to convert
what you have to gas.

At the moment it isn't statistically, I can get a rubbish plastic thing
for less than £100 from B&Q but it's almost guarenteed to break.
Considering I'm not going to start the project until Winter I'll have a
look at mower prices around the end of the season. I had my eye on a
Honda or a VIKING mower but I thought if I converted my Mountfield to
Petrol I could get a few good years out of it still.

--
Aled Owen

Sell the electric one you have and buy a petrol one, either new or
used. *If you buy it used, it will kind of like swapping, with no
fuss, no muss. * *There are so many obvious practical problems, that
it surely isn't worth the time and money to try to convert one.

I agree. You would have problems with mounting holes and length of
shaft. In addition to the engine you would need to buy throttle
cables and the safety brake. Then you would need holes drilled in the
handle to mount the controls. WAY to much trouble.