Old 21-08-2010, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Bay leaf & Yew

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 12:12:19 +0000, kay
wrote:

Stephen Wolstenholme;898014 Wrote:
I'm glad everyone thinks the same as me and there is not much chance
that poisons from the Yew can transfer to the Bay. The person who
suggested that it is possible describes the path as via moisture in
the soil and some types of Bay are toxic anyway!

Steve

They have probably got confused by the fact that bay is in the same
genus as cherry laurel. You could start talking to them about potatoes
and deadly nightshade. Or (not quite so closely related) carrot and
hemlock, peas and laburnum ... with a little research you could
persuade them to restrict themselves to an extremely limited diet :-)

"They" don't exist. The whole argument started between just two of us.
Steve