Old 21-08-2010, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mr Pounder Mr Pounder is offline

Default Plant Pot - Reloaded

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mr Pounder" wrote ...
Thanks to all of the people that helped me.

What I did was to rip up a flower bed that never did much and put some
pebbles down.
The pebbles are all the way around my back lawn, the flower bed looked a
bit out of place.
Them pebbles don't come cheap!

I moved an existing big stone plant pot that always seems to have green
stuff and some sort of flowers growing out of it; I planted some crocus
bulbs in there. This should give me some colour Feb - March.

Thanks again for the help, pity all newsgroups aren't like this one.

For year round colour you could always do what my next door neighbours
have done in their front garden, let the weeds grow and flower, and fill
the planters with plastic flowers, lovely! The back garden has metal
painted flowers! Is that one step up?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

I draw the line at plastic flowers, but I do have a metal scare cat. Scare
cat does not work. Neither does my sonic go poo in your own garden cat
deterrent.
Anyway, the wife says that I have done very well indeed and that I have
learnt much.
I am quite pleased with myself.

Mr Pounder