Old 21-08-2010, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.repair,uk.legal
Steve Barker[_3_] Steve Barker[_3_] is offline

Default Humorous true work story

On 8/21/2010 10:18 AM, harry wrote:
On Aug 21, 3:09 pm, wrote:
On 8/21/2010 9:34 AM, Evan Platt wrote:

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:08:48 -0400,
wrote:

Yeah I find it funnier than hell that a glass installer would take several
hours to do the job. If he can't do the job in thirty minutes or less, he'd
be kicked off my property for sure.

I find it funnier than hell that you think you know how long it should
take to replace the window on a car.

Maybe he had a few replaced or knows more than you think? A competent
installer can easily replace a windshield in 30 minutes. My guess his
was more of a comment on the "heybub" style "true story"

Most European cars have the windscreens glued in theses days. It
takes more than half an hour to get the old screen out and scrape the
glue off.

they are ALL "glued" in. It takes about a half hour to remove, clean,
and replace a windSHIELD.

--
Steve Barker