Old 22-08-2010, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Bumper crops or not

According to today's Telegraph, gardeners have been disappointed with their
veggie crops this year.

Well not me - it has got to be the best year for a long time. Broad beans,
runner beans, carrots, sweetcorn, leeks, celery, shallots and onions (plus
tomatoes in the greenhouse) - they have all been magnificent so we are
having a busy time freezing/pickling/soup making.

We are in South Cheshire so were affected by the hosepipe ban - or not as
the case may be as it seems to have hardly stopped raining since the ban was
introduced.

How have other gardeners in other parts of the UK fared?

Jeanne