Old 22-08-2010, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Bay leaf & Yew

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:50:17 +0000, kay
wrote:

Stephen Wolstenholme;898091 Wrote:
On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 12:12:19 +0000, kay
wrote:

They have probably got confused

"They" don't exist. The whole argument started between just two of us.
Steve

English does not have a neuter pronoun. I was using "they" in the common
colloquial usage to avoid having to either make a gender assumption, use
the cumbersome "he/she" or the twee "s/he". I will endeavour to be far
more precise in my use of language should I ever be moved in the future
to respond to a thread to which you have contributed.[/i][/color]

I read your message as an implication that I was feeding my bay to a
few people and so I was pointing out that, that was not the case. No
one has died yet

Steve