Old 23-08-2010, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How attracted are pets to snail/slug pellets?

On 23/08/2010 17:23, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

Did you find the pellets effective?

Personally I find slug pellets very effective. I hate using them though
but sometimes it seems necessary to bring out the "big guns" against the
slugs and snails. Once plants are beyond seedling stage I leave them too
it, but like to scatter slug pellets around seed trays. A fat slug or
snail can scoff an entire tray of emerging lettuce seedlings in one
sitting. :-(

There has been a lot of frogs and toads around this year, they seem to
have been helping to keep the population down in the garden. We've also
got lots of birds foraging between the plants, so hopefully they are
contributing to the control too.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.