Old 23-08-2010, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Timothy Murphy Timothy Murphy is offline

Default Laying turf

Sacha wrote:

It isn't the end of the world if it doesn't work.
I planted potatoes on this patch 2 years ago,
and they did extraordinarily well- too well, in fact.

Turf must be less expensive in Italy!

Actually, it seemed very expensive to me - €8 per square metre.
They call it "grass carpet" (tapeta erbosa)
which made me think a wool carpet might be cheaper.

Mind you, this was an extremely expensive local garden centre.
But everything they have sold us has done very well,
so I suppose one can't complain.

Our worst problem is an enormous sharon fruit tree,
which it is quite dangerous to sit under
as the falling fruit seems to aim for people's heads.