Old 23-08-2010, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
The Henchman The Henchman is offline

Default Ants in my lawn

I meant helpful suggestions - I know what happens when I spill petrol
onto the lawn when filling the lawnmower - what's the use of having a
lawn when you end up with none? The next thing you'll be suggesting is
having an artificial lawn. No, please don't go down that road. I know
you're going to say I haven't a sense of humour - I have - but I am
trying to get some positive advice, not just be entertained!

I buy stuff that foams and you spray with a 9 inch straw into the nest and
hold for a few seconds. The foam gets into the passages of the ant nest and
kills the population with very little effect on the lawns root system.

This is one of the foam products. It may only be available in Canada, I
dunno. it's really pricey but effective.

http://reviews.canadiantire.ca/9045/...8P/reviews.htm