Old 24-08-2010, 01:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default the lure of Coca Cola .....

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 05:15:59 +1000, gardenlen wrote:

trouble is lately no matter how many male flies we get, the females are
very prolific, and none of the bait recipes that we have passed on, on
our page work here.

then you are not trapping enough males and/or there are other sources
around.

1) do your traps prevent the flies from physically walking out?
2) At one stage, the various DPI incantations suggested "dakpots" which
were just a tin on he side open at one end with a bit of chemical
impregnated canite(?) in it. It attracted and poisoned the males.

i'll give this one a go hope it works. still be using nets but until it
shows it works.

err, fluit fly do not stop for nets

lots of gardeners in qld lookig for an effective control for the female
flie. so if this works it might be a boon?

If you have lots of gardeners around affected, then you will need to all
take action.