Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
kush

Default Bleaching Anubias?

Thanks, guys. I'll let you know how it goes.

kush wrote in message
A couple of weeks ago someone posted that they were able to remove algae
from anubias using a diluted bleach solution (but I was busy thinking

about
something else and didn't pay attention).

I'm replanting an old 75 gallon tank this weekend that still has many of
it's original anubias inhabitants which, over the years, have gotten

pretty
grotty looking with venerable algae colonies on them. I'd like to salvage
what I can.

Would you mind reposting the dilution and process? Also, any tips you

might
have for restoring shabby old anubias specimens to their youthful vigour.
I've got barteri, nana, congensis and hastifolia.

Thanks,
kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"