Old 25-08-2010, 07:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default It's not Just Joel Salatin anymore

"Billy" wrote in message

Well, in this case, it would be prairie grass (reflecting Salatin's
pasture),

What sort of species are you talking about when you say 'prairie grass'?
The reason why I ask is that the You-tube clips of Salatin's place doesn't
look like anything I'd call a 'prairie'. He looks like he's got a farm on
quite rich land in a well protected area. 'Prairies' to me suggest very
open and exposed locations and the grasses there would, TMWOT, be much
tougher and less nutritious than in good pasture land. I might be talking
through my hat 'cos I haven't got a clue about US farms, but that's what I'd
expect here in Oz if we were looking at farms of differing capacities.