Old 26-08-2010, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default Avocado reached the roof.

A friend of ours lives in Exeter, they have an Avocado they have grown
for about 5 years in their conservatory, and it has now reached the
roof.

It has been suggested that they try it outside - but I reckon Exeter
will be too cold in the winter. I think it would need to be somewhere
very mild with no real frosts to have a chance of making it. Though I'm
not sure how bothered they are about it surviving.

any experience with this?

My though is to just cut it back and hopefully it will re-sprout
--
Chris French