Old 26-08-2010, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Rose Cuttings Advice Please

"Ian B" wrote in message
Bob Hobden wrote:
"Ian B" wrote
My neighbour pruned a very admirable rose a few weeks ago and gave
me some twigs as I'd said I liked it. I stuck three of them in the
ground with some compost and fertiliser and kept them damp. They are
all still green. One of them lost its leaves, but now it has new red
shoots appearing, so I presume it's still alive.

snip

My daughter gave me a Kiftsgate rose a few weeks ago, a piece got broken off
and I stuck it in some water where it is producing healthy leaves but no
roots as yet, I don't suppose it will :-(

kate