Old 27-08-2010, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
RiverMan RiverMan is offline

Default Hello fellow bamboo lovers! I have a question about my bamboo patch

At the moment I was wondering if by any chance someone there who knows
all about bamboo problems could take a quick peek at my patch and tell
me if you see any problems I may need to address before it's too late.
My late grandmother planted this patch back in the 1940's and it has
grown wonderfully ever since.

Last fall I was laid off from my job so I started making and selling
bamboo didgeridoo's (http://www.etsy.com/shop/scarumtrading)

This is my family's only source of income right now so the health of
this patch is extremely important. I have been cutting these poles
like crazy thinking there is no way I could hurt the patch but I think
I may have caused some problems. This spring when the new bamboo came
up a lot of the new shoots died after growing about a foot or two.

Here are photo's of my patch... can you please tell me what you think
of the overall appearance and take a guess at the health of these?
http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/u...Man420/bamboo/

Here is a 60 second video walkthrough of the patch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNYlnbFPJRQ

Any tips, suggestions or help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

-=] RiverMan [=-