Old 28-08-2010, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_3_] Ian B[_3_] is offline

Default Green Manure

harry wrote:
On 28 Aug, 14:44, Ed ex@directory wrote:
On 28/08/10 11:41, harry wrote:

Anybody out there tried this? Is it a waste of time? I bought some
seed but it seems expensive, there's gotta be a cheaper alternative.
I wondered about some cheap lawn grass seed.
I suppose you want a fast growing annual thay gets dug in before it
has chance to drop any seed.

What type did you buy?

The only stuff I could find locally wasT&M, hence expensive. Mostly
Italian ryegrass plus a few other odds and ends.

Sounds like a way of selling grass seed at a premium. I'd be inclined to
just plant some ordinary grass seed then dig it in.

Ian