Old 28-08-2010, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Grass Snake Eggs

In message , Derek Turner
writes
On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 23:28:08 -0700, harry wrote:

Dismantled the compost heap yesterday and found about thirty grass snake
eggs. It least that's what I assume they are as we have grass snakes,
they regularly clear out my pond of tadpoles. I've put them in my
propagator in some damp compost. Waiting to see what happens.

The police arrest you for an offence under the Wildlife and Countryside
act? ISTR that they are protected.

But are they protected under EU law .... i.e. in Holland in this
instance? I suspect they are.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!