Old 28-08-2010, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Grass Snake Eggs

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 23:28:08 -0700, harry wrote:

Dismantled the compost heap yesterday and found about thirty grass snake
eggs. It least that's what I assume they are as we have grass snakes,
they regularly clear out my pond of tadpoles. I've put them in my
propagator in some damp compost. Waiting to see what happens.

The police arrest you for an offence under the Wildlife and Countryside
act? ISTR that they are protected.

Surely - by his subsequent action, he has behaved in a protective manner.
After all - he did not deliberately interfere with the eggs initially.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com