Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
AdaJe5

Default Aaaarrghh! I can't even keep duckweed alive!

The tanks are all ten gallon. The lighting is flourescent hood lights. I have
uv plant lights on stand alone lamps near the turltle tank. I have a high fish
load and use filters that are double (triple in the turtle tank) what the
tank's actually capacity calls for.

The gold and black african mystery snails, giant ram's horn snails, gold fish,
turtles, guppies and blue acaras have all been busted nipping stems off at the
bases. The few plants that survive long enough eventually become thin and
translcuent before becoming soft and disintegrating on contact. When I first
saw this I started adding aquarium fertilizer (nutrafin, plant grow) which does
not seem to help my particular problem. -Though now I've got a bundled set of
cuttings that look like seaweed that seems to be doing ok for the last three
weeks.