Old 30-08-2010, 07:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Bordeaux/Burgundy spray

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
Does anyone know how long Bordeaux or Burgundy spray has to be on
peaches to give protection? I made up the copper sulphate segment of
the Burgundy spray yesterday, mixed the full recipe this morning and
sprayed but we have rain forcast in about 3 days time and I wondered
if 3 days on the plants will be enough time to work. Anyone know?

I think you are sweet.

Eh? Well I guess it's nice to be called 'sweet' at least once in my life
because no-one who knows me would do that :-))

If it hasn't done the fungi present in 3 days it
won't.

Ah! So it's a 'contact' fungicide.

As for those that blow in on the wind next week that's another
matter. I do all the stone fruit at this time with copper oxychloride
(very similar, works the same way) and I only do it once. Seems to work
against peach leaf curl which is a fungus regardless of dew or rain a few
days later.

Thanks David.