Old 30-08-2010, 07:04 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen[_2_] gardenlen[_2_] is offline

Default the lure of Coca Cola .....

g'day john,

reat read thanks for tht.

so female urine may work better.

i usually cut 4 inverted 'V' cut a the base of the neck of the bottle
large enough for a house flie to get in and they do, as there is
nothing in the bottle to actually kill the insect they need to be
contained until they fall into the fluid and drown, is how i see it.
same as when a house fly trap is made.

hanging in the shade is interesting not always possible and hanging
within the plant to be protected not also suggested as the ripening
fruit aroma would compete with the bottle aroma, has been sugested in
the past. our male wicks bottles are away from plants actually hanging
around the house on all 4 sides to catch all 4 breezes. in the past
our female traps have worked.

anyhow the star fruit one bush only very prolific not for cash just
for food, that big garlic plant fizzled dunno why the previous crop
whee msot of eh planting material came from was a boon, all times
previous when i plant garlic i get good returns this time none
develope into the segmented bulb we see. and since then any garlic i
have planted even here has also failed lucky to get an onion shaped
bulb mostly a shallot shaped thing from them. got no idea. planted
around maybe 600 corms.

so as best as we can do it we collect all any unusable fruits and
destroy them so can safely say the fly is not hatching in our garden
as their is no opportunity for the maggot to get down into the soil
and cacoon over winter. with my observations on when they hatch that
is based on when fruit shows signs of infestation but then i suppose
eggs dn't need to hatch right away hey?

don't think we have the med' fly as our cherry tom's never get
infested.

will visit daley's i have a topic there about our lemon tree leeking
sap, but have never read any other topics.

anyhow take care for now, if you learn more pass it on please.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:14:59 +0000 (UTC), John Savage
wrote:
snipped
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Be Content With What You Have And