Old 31-08-2010, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Garden Shredders

Nick wrote
David in Normandy wrote:
Gordon H wrote:

Any recommendations for electric shredders please? I am not entirely
sure whether the "silent" ones are effective, having read a few
reviews...

People in this forum generally swear by the Bosch range.

Specifically the Bosch 2200 silent, which has been rejigged and
renamed, so might be a bit different.

Black and Decker tools are only that in name nowadays. I used to swear
by that brand name, but now I just swear at it. I think the name was
sold or otherwise outsourced to factories churning out cheap crap made
in China. I've stopped buying B&D now due to its poor build quality and
unreliability.

You and me, both.

Same here, but they have been rubbish for some while now, relative had a
mower that was badly (or well?) designed internally so it could not last too
long and was unrepairable, and that was at least two decades ago.
Strangely I believe B & D are the same firm as DeWalt which is often the
choice of professional builders etc so they appear to have split up into
rubbish tools for the occasional handyman and solid professional tools.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden