Old 31-08-2010, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Peaches not ripeneing

On 31 Aug, 10:44, Jonathan wrote:
The peaches on my tree, against a south facing wall, are a lovely ripe
colour and have been so for weeks. They show no sign of ripeneing. In
our last garden we grew the same variety (Peregrine) and they would be
ripe by early August. Is the problem the cool and cloudy summer, or
something else? I am slightly worried that they may get frosted a bit
later on.

We are in South Warwickshire.

Thanks

Jonathan

Don't be impatient. they will come. There is only a narrow window
with peaches, you need to keep checking them.
Mine are the same.