Old 31-08-2010, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Grass Snake Eggs

David WE Roberts wrote:

I found about 50 newts and 100 frogs burried in the sludge at the bottom
of the pond.
I had no idea that there were so many there.
It wasn't the mating season.

So I am now sceptical when people say that they only come to water to mate.
Toads, yes, but not frogs and newts.

In dry weather they'll make for a pond. Otherwise they find a nice damp
spot to lurk during the day.

At present, my garden is heaving and hopping with frogs, toads and
newts. The nearest pond is three doors away.

--
Rusty