Old 01-09-2010, 01:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default It's not Just Joel Salatin anymore

In article ,
says...

I recall the soil being pretty good in the small farm oriented dairyland
where most of my relatives lived when I was a kid. Small herds of dairy
cattle, crop rotation including legumes, some farms growing feed for the
farms with the bigger herds. I wonder how such a model can be mapped to
beef herding. What comes to my mind is - grass fed beef rather than lot
fed beef, mixed with a smaller heard strategy where the feed is closer
to local than it is with modern large beef cattle herds.

If you haven't, have a look at "A Farm for the Future" on youtube.